Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Small Farming at Pitt

I did my undergrad at Pitt.  I loved it.  It's a wonderful school in a very cool American city.  While in the 60's and 70's, it may have had its problems with factory pollution, today's Pittsburgh is a charming city comprised of dozens of small and unique neighborhoods each marked by its own architecture, personality and history.  The city is full of green spaces.  Needless to say, I was not suprised to read this article about the University of Pittsburgh's new program designed to encourage Pitt students and PA entrepreneurs to consider the business opportunities found in small-farms.  Ann Dugan, the driving force behind Pitt's Agricultural Entrepreneurship Program is a great champion of helping small, medium and family businesses grow to their fullest potential.  (I was lucky enough to intern in her office during college).  Enjoy the article.  I know it makes me proud to hail from Pitt!